Available 24-hours a day 365-days a year
Our Home Assistance programme provides assistance to the member when you are involved in a Home Emergency. A Home Emergency means any sudden, unexpected and/or unforeseen event at the eligible residence requiring the immediate and/ or urgent services of a domestic tradesman to limit/ minimise or prevent further damage to the home.
This benefit is restricted to Home emergencies and only applies to the eligible premises / primary place of permanent residence, within the Republic of South Africa and used for domestic purposes, including outbuildings.
Emergency Services Notification and Call-out
At the member’s request our Assist Call Centre will relay a notification of emergencies to the Police, Traffic, Fire Brigade, Ambulance, Security or any other emergency service provider.
Mobile Notification Services
The member will receive an SMS notifying them of the update on your active case.
The below details will be sent to the member mobile phone after lodging a case:
- Name of Primary Case Manager
- Reference Number (ease of calling in and enable anyone of the Assist Agents to intervene or provide further details to the member)
- Once a Service Provider has been appointed, the responding Service Provider details will be sent along with the ETA
- Any changes made to the case (new Service Provider and additional requests etc.)
- If there is a shift change, the details of your New Case Manager will also be sent.
*Please note that each benefit will be managed on an individual basis and is highly dependent on traffic, weather and correct information received i.e. address or area of incident.
The Home Assistance programme shall entail the following emergency services to members:
- Tree Felling
- Bee Keepers and Pest Controllers
- Appliances (member will be covered for the call out and one hour labour for large white appliances)
Terms and Conditions
- Overall limit of 3 (three) incidents or R2000 per member per annum applies.
- Please note that the call out fee and first hour of labour will be covered under Home Assistance, however the cost of parts and additional labour will for your own account.
- Where the incident is not considered an emergency that requires immediate attention, we will provide a referral for any specific Service Provider and all costs will be for the member’s own account.
- The benefit period is one calendar year and the benefit does not accumulate, but is a maximum amount per annum.
- A repair incident is considered per service category, e.g. if an electrician is called out to repair on the distribution board as well as an electrical connection, this is treated as one call out.
- Benefit excludes MAINTENANCE (Of any kind)
- Replacing light bulbs
- Adjustment of thermostats
- Any remote controls or access controls
- Normal wear and tear/safes
Assistance shall be provided to the member in circumstances where they have requested access to the service where the emergency is any of the following:
- Visible burst water connections and pipes
- Blocked drains, toilets, baths and sinks, causing further damage to the Home
- Emergency Geyser overflow, valves (Latco and pressure release) causing loss of hot water and pressure-release problems.
- swimming pools and
- boreholes and borehole pumps;
- leak detection inspections,
- repairs not complying with regulated specifications such as SABS and others,
- leaking taps,
- replacement of a burst geyser,
- septic tanks and
- water supply interruptions to permanent residence
- Glazier assistance is a 24-hour help line, offering assistance where a service provider is dispatched to ensure that side glass or building glass can be professionally replaced.
- Broken or badly cracked window panes which could result in access to the residence No materials are covered as this is for the members account (the actual glass etc. is for the member’s own account)
Assistance shall be provided to members in circumstances where they have requested access to the service where the emergency is any of the following:
- Distribution boards, circuits, main cables causing power failure
- Earth-leakage relays causing power failure
- Geyser connections, and elements, causing 100% power failure
- Plug points causing 100% power failure
- Light fittings or switches causing 100% power failure
- Lightning strikes on wiring
- Multiple burnt connections on wiring or plug points causing 100% power failure
- Connections to all electrical motors (e.g. electric gate motor) causing 100% power failure
- Electric gates and doors ;
- Swimming pool and
- Borehole pumps ;
- Air conditioners and
- Commercial refrigeration ;
- Repairs not complying with regulated specifications such as SABS and others ;
- All electrical motors (e.g. electric gate motor) ;
- Main electrical supply interruptions to permanent residence.
- If keys are broken off or lost for a main entrance or exit of the house (This includes outbuildings)
- If a person is locked inside the house or any room within the house
- Burglary incidents (the member will be assisted, but is liable for the cost);
- Replacing of damaged locks (the member will be assisted at his / her own expense);
Additional benefits also included are:
- Tree Fellers / Bee Keepers and Pest Controllers - paid for up to the per incident limits only and only within day light hours.
- Should a break in occur, security assistance and guarding services will be provided at the member’s request. This will be for the member’s own account.
BEE KEEPERS AND PEST CONTROLLERS
Assistance will be provided for the below pests:
Appliance (call out and one hour labour)
- Fridges & freezers
- Washing machines
- Tumble Driers
- Washing machines
- Stoves and ovens only if complete function is lost - if one or more plates are working, it is not deemed an emergency repair.
Incidents not attended to on the instruction of the Service Provider’s case manager, will not be considered after any repair. Emergency repairs are only undertaken at the member's permanent residence. Emergency repairs outside the domestic dwelling are not included, i.e. office premises, public buildings, outbuildings not attached to the main building, etc. If the appliance is still under warranty, it will be referred to the manufacturer for repairs.